BT GES - Principal Lead Pipeline in GBR, United Kingdom
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role holder provides exploitation of systems and technology to deliver business and cost transformation aligned to business strategy to deliver efficient customer solutions. He/she may contribute to the formulation of network, technology, systems and information strategy and evolution plans.
The role holder takes a lead role on programmes and projects that go to plc, OC and/or LoB Boards for decision. He/she may have end to end ownership of network / systems & technology strategy & evolution process, or the operation and delivery of network & technology options.
The role holder meets business objectives, solves business problems and furthers business success by applying industry, applications and technical knowledge through the definition of high level solutions. In addition he/she may work proactively with the business to define new product developments. The role holder may manage strategic investment and financial control for the delivery of end to end integrated solutions.
The role holder should leverage the experience of the relevant BT wide professional communities to discharge these responsibilities, thus ensuring knowledge sharing extends beyond the functional boundary of the role. The role holder may also play a key part in the BT wide professional communities.
• Able to provide support to the CTO for a critical customer contract.
• Able to work at the appropriate clearance level commensurate with the GES site at Cheltenham.
• May lead teams of professionals and support teams and/or leadership of cross divisional, matrix and virtual teams.
• To be accountable for definition and delivery of specific solutions to achieve business objectives and benefits realisation.
• To perform analysis, feasibility and strategic fit of high level projects e.g. evolution plans, new network & technology propositions and complex distributed systems, for specific networks/technologies/systems, to deliver revenue or cost reduction targets.
• Based on in-depth knowledge of specific technology/industry, play a key role in analysis to support the formulation of ICT strategy, evolution plans or identification of bespoke or customised off-the-shelf applications/solutions in their area of expertise.
• May own the end to end strategy formulation process, the delivery of strategic options/data and delivery of the strategy for BT Group and/or a LoB in area of expertise.
• Maintains an oversight of key technology transformation programmes in specific area of expertise, monitoring performance against business objectives, scorecard and responding and recommending actions to trends and taking executive action.
• To build internal, external and third party supplier relationships to ensure full commitment and support.
• To be a recognised authority across the business and externally.
• To be the escalation point for resolution of major customer issues.
• To be a leading contributor individually and/or provide direction for others.
• To personally participate in and contribute to BT wide professional community activities where applicable e.g. knowledge sharing, best practice within BT and external industry.
• To use the relevant BT wide professional community framework to raise their skills and those of their team to the recommended PC standards.
• Relevant, contemporary and industry recognised qualifications where appropriate.
• Relevant Degree qualification (typically engineering/science) or equivalent.
• Relevant professional experience.
• Recognised expertise in own area within an organisation.
• Requires an in-depth understanding of how own expertise contributes to the objectives of the business, backed by a very good working knowledge of the industry.
• Shares expertise with colleagues and others.
• Is a lead contributor individually and as a team member.
• Provides direction for others.
• Applies knowledge/skills through handling complex problems and/or co-ordinating work which may extend beyond own area of expertise.
• Anticipates client needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short and long term solutions.
• Anticipates internal/external business issues and developments in own discipline.
• Manages costs and profitability for a work area and/or large projects.
• Anticipates patterns and links, looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications.
• Generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Manages own time and that of others.
• Develops plans for work activities in own area over the medium/long term.
• Supports strategic planning activities.
• Explains/presents highly complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly.
• Able to influence at a senior level.
• Creates formal networks internally and externally.
• Has a comprehensive understanding of professional communities relevant to the LOB and uses the PC development framework to maximise the potential of themselves, their team and the wider BT team.
• Defines, recommends and delivers strategy and evolution plans and/or infrastructure investment for Group/LoBs/Business Unit for specific technology/networks/systems,
• Defines transformation strategy and sets innovation and research agenda for Group/LoB in specific area of expertise.
• Maintains a reputation with senior teams for resolving business wide issues affecting specific technology/networks/systems that provide the best result for BT as a whole.
• Relationships with industry at appropriate key influencing level, building creditability both internally and externally.
• Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
• Establishes functional objectives and delegates assignments.
• Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and members of team.
• Budget responsibility varies depending on the lines of business and programme delivery responsibility.
Five Key Skills
Significant knowledge of low level programming or system engineering solutions across multiple platforms with experience in delivering bespoke solutions to our customers.
Able to influence at a senior level
To be a recognised authority across the business and externally: Software , System Engineering, Networks, Big Data Storage & Analysis and Security.
Detailed knowledge of IVV&T, systems/continuous integration and systems engineering practice
Detailed knowledge of development methodologies including agile and waterfall.
Cheltenham - Candidate would require a DV Security Clearance.
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: GES - Principal Lead Pipeline
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR
Requisition ID: 66305
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Gloucestershire-Cheltenham