BT Finance Transaction Manager in Jarrow, United Kingdom
Finance Transaction Manager
Purpose of the Role
Directly responsible for the delivery of range of finance transactional and technical services to a range of customers. This will initially be a customer base of 3 Local Authorities, The current customer base equates to a contract value of circa £30m.
Lead and manage an efficient and effective Financial Transaction Service that constantly delivers to SLA requirements and aims to exceed Shared Service Customer needs and expectations.
Lead by example to inspire the Shared Services Finance Team in delivering quality and efficient Shared Service activity across a range of customers. To develop and instil a culture of continuous improvement, where all Finance staff understand the role they play in performance and customer satisfaction.
Continually review the performance and effectiveness of the Finance Service, consistently challenging the status quo and finding new solutions to improve customer satisfaction and team performance. Understand, manage and challenge the cost of Finance Service delivery to ensure optimum productivity and service viability.
Seek opportunities to grow the Shared Service Finance scope, including the take-on of new customers and increased service portfolio. Understand the current market for Shared Service activity and take action to ensure that the Finance Service remains competitive and technically able to take on the opportunities.
As a key member of the Shared Service Senior Management Team the post holder will be actively involved in continuous service improvement and business growth opportunities across the whole organisation.
Manager of a range of transactional and technical finance services including:
Income and debt management
Procure to pay
Manager of the Finance Service Centre delivery model and potentially virtual service desks.
• Delivery of operational services for all BT customers within agreed budget levels and headcount
• Achieving overall service performance against SLAs for all customers
• Delivery of projects on time, on quality and on budget
• Delivery of continuous improvement across all services
• Escalation point for service issues and complaints relating to the service, ensuring resolution of all issues within deadlines
• Key contact point for each customer in service delivery
• Working with colleagues across the Shared Service to ensure seamless and efficient service delivery across all functions
• Resource planning in line with forecast business growth
• Actively supporting and delivering business growth opportunities for Shared Services, including the take-on of new customer.
• Coaching, informal mentoring and on-going staff development to ensure succession planning and career progression
• Ensuring business knowledge and skills of team meets customer and Service Centre requirements
• Applying visible Performance Management framework for productivity measurement and performance improvement, ensuring team have appropriate objectives and PDR targets.
• Meet or exceed LDR Personal Scorecard objectives
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re happy to consider ways of working that will mean you can perform at your best. If you want to talk about working part-time or as a job share in this role, please apply and we’ll do our best to get the balance right.
Title: Finance Transaction Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Newcastle upon Tyne-Jarrow
Requisition ID: 75016