BT Account Manager - Value Added Services in London, United Kingdom
Account Manager - Value Added Services
Account Manager for Value Added Services
Strategy & Incubation, BT Ventures
BT, Faraday Building, 1 Knightrider Street, LONDON, EC4V 5BT
UK travel where required
Job role/ grade
Reports to (role)
Head of Sales
Why this role matters
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities.
The role of Strategy & Incubation is to find, scope, create and grow new products and services that bring incremental revenue to BT, working with teams across BT, including Consumer, Business and Public Sector, Global Services, EE and TSO.
The messaging team within Strategy & Incubation are responsible for the sale of over a billion text messages per year, generating tens of millions of pounds in revenue and margins for BT. We service high profile channels such as the NHS, alongside large wholesale partners and significant BT corporate customers. With strong growth throughout 2016/17 we are increasing the size of the team and the Account Manager for Value Added Services will play a vital role in our sustained growth.
What you’ll be doing
The Account Manager for Value Added Services will predominantly be responsible for the retention and growth of our in-life BT Smart Messaging customers. Implementing clear retention and growth plans alongside a strong sales pipeline will be a key factor to success in this role.
· Acting as an ambassador for BT Smart Messaging and other products in our portfolio, both in the external market and with internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour when managing the relationship with our customers.
· Working closely with BT’s B&PS and GS teams in the retention and growth of their accounts.
· Building a sales strategy for each account with a view to delivering clear growth in their uptake of value added services.
· Working with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction and quickly and effectively address customer pain points.
· Holding a pipeline of sales opportunities alongside a resign strategy to make sure all contracts are proactively renewed in a timely manner.
· Supporting the Account Directors in their day to day sales activities and ad-hoc Bid work when required.
· Maintain a high awareness and knowledge of the messaging marketplace and follow industry trends or technical developments that may impact on the BT Smart Messaging and A2P offering.
· Provide input to future product and solution developments with both internal teams and external suppliers.
· Support the Bulk/A2P Messaging team as required, alongside offering further product support that may be necessary within the team as and when new proposition come to market.
The skills & experience you need
· Minimum five years’ experience in Account Management roles, preferably in a telecoms environment
· Previous experience in pipeline management and growth
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Experience in engaging customers across Public Sector and Private Sector accounts
· Experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels from technical teams to CXO
· Knowledge of BT B&PS and GS teams preferred
· Track record of meeting and exceeding revenue and margin targets
· Strong commercial awareness
· Previous experience in Enterprise and/or Bulk/A2P Messaging would be advantageous
These are our values, they show us the right thing to do
We are all connected by our shared values; Personal, Simple and Brilliant. How we do things is just as important as what we do. We can embody these values through the way we all connect to our customers, our colleagues and our organisation. Whatever we do, we do it ethically, in line with the Way We Work.
Other things you need to know
To protect yourself, your colleagues, our customers and BT, you must follow:
Our ethics code, The Way We Work ;
The Undertakings code of practice (which contains important rules about BT's promises to Ofcom);
Our regulatory, fair trading, competition, data protection, environmental and anti-corruption and bribery policies;
Our security policies;
Our standards of behaviour policy;
Our health and safety policy; and
BT Business continuity management policy framework directive.
You have an important role in maintaining customer trust and helping BT to do business with integrity. Because working ethically is so important you must follow all laws and BT policies and procedures in the course of your employment. If you have any questions or are unclear on what any of our policies mean, just talk to your manager.
You can find all our policies and procedures on the BT intranet (or from your manager) – it’s up to you to keep up to date with them, including your mandatory training, and ensure you fully understand what they mean for you in your day-to-day work. If you don’t do this or if you breach any of our policies, you could face disciplinary action, or even dismissal.
Job: Sales and Client Management
Title: Account Manager - Value Added Services
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 72762