BT Gerente Regional em Assuntos Regulatórios e Compliance in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gerente Regional em Assuntos Regulatórios e Compliance
Why this role matters
Report to Chief Regulatory Counsel for the Americas based in Reston while having a dotted line to Senior Lawyer, Brazil on commercial matters
Draft responses to regulators and government authorities where the issue is material to BT's operations in the country and BT has opportunity to prevent significant harm to BT or improve its competitive position. Advocate and negotiate positions that are consistent with BT's overall interests. Represent BT's interests before the regulator/Industry group government/institution, seeking optimisation of regulatory requirements and interpretations.
Work with line management, LGCR, Finance, Tax, Billing and Country Management to develop plans to mitigate exposures on regulatory fee assessments and disputes. Execute workstreams and tasks within Regulatory's remit to minimize risk and liability
Manage resource including external legal and economic resources within strictly defined budgets and business cases
Provide documented compliance advice on Products, Win Business, and license obligations to relevant stakeholders
Support supplier and end customer commercial matters as needed (e.g., reviewing/drafting/negotiating contracts). Role holder must be willing to pitch in and support LGCR team members with commercial legal or other projects when and as necessary after discussion with line management
Work on specific projects such as: (i) closing compliance gaps (chase missing statutory filings, mitigate license gaps, and gaps in compliance with license conditions); (ii) undertaking projects to save or avoid costs and to achieve BTGS Strategy while (iii) working to achieve the simplest most efficient operational structure for BT's operations in the country.
To be a valued member of the BT Legal community, and in particular the Regulatory and Commercial teams and to actively contribute to the team work.
What you’ll be doing
· Work on a risk management basis, within and across regions, working closely with other regulatory and commercial teams. Ability to assist privacy teams would be an advantage.
· Use lawful methods of entering markets including by establishing distributor relationships, establishing NNIs, and/or obtaining and managing telecommunications licences or authorisations as necessary in countries for which the job holder is responsible.
· Make required filings and respond to consultations by governments as necessary
· Support a database of regulatory obligations associated with those licences or authorisations.
· Work with senior counsel, Finance, Billing, Tax, and external counsel to categorize all existing and future products as telecoms or non-telecoms, to document a reasonable basis for BT’s position and to help drive mitigation of existing and future FUST/FUNTTEL risk
· Recognise and drive commercial opportunities through understanding of regulatory levers, commercial issues and GS’ business.
· Provide business orientated advice on regulatory and commercial law matters including risk analysis of legal issues and cases and innovative ways to help the business achieve its goals
· Support the pan GS interconnection team in region (Procurement, Access, etc).
· Engage with government policy makers and national regulators, to develop /support key regulatory enablers to encourage market opening and to promote a positive environment for BT and in particular economically viable access.
· Work with Chief Regulatory Counsel for the Americas in the development and support of BT regulatory policies, including consistency with BT Group policies.
· Exercise national policy and regulatory enablers, achieve cost reductions and revenue generation opportunities for the business, after preparation of a business case and approval by line management
· Work closely with the Heads of Legal and other members of LGCR in the Americas on all regulatory and compliance matters and enable the relevant Heads to speak on regulatory and compliance matters at the Management Board
· Develop and support the Regulatory Forward Plan, following the Regulatory methodology
· Lead in identifying key regulatory public affairs messages and assist local management and public affairs teams to deliver key public affairs messages to relevant opinion formers
· Assist in managing commercial matters in Brazil on a day-to-day basis including the escalation of sensitive/high profile cases to the senior lawyer/ Head of Legal/Commercial in Brazil.
· Coordinate and instruct external law firms with regards to regulatory and commercial matters in Brazil and regulatory matters in other LATAM countries within the job holder’s remit.
· Produce monthly and/or quarterly reports regarding regulatory matters in countries within remit and coordinate with finance professionals for the Regulatory reports.
· Take proactive steps to ensure that personal and professional standards and performance levels are met and continuously improve.
· Develop relationships with key stakeholders/internal clients and maintain a high standard of service to BT.
Proactively contribute to team work and to the strategy of BT Legal, in particular that of the Regulatory and Commercial teams.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
· Law degree and knowledge and experience of the telecoms regulatory environment are requirements. Desirable to have some knowledge of Excel, FUST/FUNTTEL, regulatory economics, the communications industry in the country /region and a good understanding of how this knowledge can assist in creating competitive advantage for the organization or where the risks lie so effective risk mitigation can be applied, while remaining consistent with the BT policies. Data Privacy expertise would be a plus.
· Bar/OAB – Ordem dos Advogados do Brasil admission in Brazil with 6 years of post-admission experience
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in Portugese, English and Spanish
· Qualifications and skills - law degree is a requirement as is some regulatory experience. Data Privacy expertise would be a plus. Can-do, collegial attitude is a must
· The ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary teams as well as independently.
· Sound and proven business acumen and commercial judgment
· Proven experience in addressing and managing relevant issues as part of commercial contract negotiations
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion/belief, disability, marital or civil partnership status, age, sexual orientation or caring responsibilities.
A BT é uma empresa que prima pela igualdade de oportunidade. Aceitamos candidaturas as nossas vagas independentemente de raça, etnia, sexo, opção sexual, religião, deficiência, idade e/ou estado civil.
Job: Regulatory Compliance
Title: Gerente Regional em Assuntos Regulatórios e Compliance
Location: Brazil-Sao Paulo-Sao Paulo
Requisition ID: 76267