BT Field Engineer in Beijing, China
Purpose Of Role:
This role is key to provide successful onsite field support for the BT global customers. The
Individual will be accountable for the successful installation, maintenance and break-fix of Cisco CPE, Avaya and Huawei deployments.
This role will be required to support a 24x7 business and thus the successful applicant must be willing to be on call per a shared roster.
• Install and perform testing of networking hardware and software component in customer premises.
• Performing configuration, maintenance and upgrade of network devices, and including IOS upgrade when needed.
• Performing Break-Fix (Hardware Replacement) in customer premises, and datacentre environment.
• Performing back-up and restore of equipment configuration in customer premises during the
• Performing Smart-hand support in customer premises and datacenter.
• Be familiar and perform RMA/DOA with Cisco, and working with Cisco TAC support for incident resolution.
• Documents network problems and resolution and updating the ticketing system for future reference.
• Assist in the Maintenance and testing of the spare inventory of equipment and parts.
• Handle 1st level escalation from the Service Desk Engineer.
• Being part of team to perform standby duty for 24x7 maintenance customer.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar, with more than 3-5 years’ experience.
• Preferred Certifications in Networking such as CCNA, CCNP. Huawei
• Preferably with certification in ITIL Foundation.
• Familiar with Networking product and protocol such as Switches, Routers, Hubs, Firewalls,
WLAN, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, ATM, PPP, MPLS, etc
• Experience in VOIP and Cisco IP Telephony product, candidate with Avaya Call Manager experience will be an added advantage.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to perform systematic troubleshooting independently.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and service oriented,
• Good written and verbal English skills
Job: Field Service
Title: Field Engineer
Location: North East Asia-China-Beijing
Requisition ID: 95007