BT Finance Analyst - Calls in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Role: Finance Analyst- Calls
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
• Supporting the Calls Finance Manager, Commercial Lead and Finance Directors of all BPS channels, the Finance Analyst (FA) is responsible for providing commercial insight and analysis to achieve the right outcome for BT and the customer on Calls and Inbound products. This includes ensuring accuracy within the P&L and working with key stakeholders to conceive and develop value to the area. The FA role may lead on some smaller business cases with the back-up of a more experienced colleague or support on larger cases.
• In addition the FA will be expected to support initiatives that improve the underlying processes for the Commercial team.
What you'll be doing
• Fully embrace the tools and processes that are required to be used within the role (including Billing Systems, iCAT, Hyperion).
• Working closely with the Finance and Business Lead, the role holder will be responsible for the Excel based analysis and processing of business case inputs, utilising bespoke/ad hoc spreadsheet models and standardised BT Business Case Models
• Gain P&L confidence and understanding, to pro-actively query and challenge inputs to ensure accuracy and completeness, applying sufficient diligence in revenue, as well as cost validation.
• Ensuring all risks, issues and opportunities identified within the P&L monthly actuals and forecasts are clearly quantified and communicated to the Finance lead.
• Preparation and presentation of month end commentary and analysis ensuring decisions are taken in an open and honest way with full transparency of numbers and issues.
• Proactively support the ongoing programme of Continuous Improvement (process and best practice, training, knowledge sharing) within Commercial Finance.
• Proactively push through data interrogation and analysis, to a value adding level.
• Within the specific product and channel – create and finalise aspects of the forecasting/budgeting process (Calls and Inbound) and understand the intricacies of the actual postings relating to the area(s).
• Proactively create and develop business cases adding value to the Channel/LoB with support from the FM.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Fully Qualified Accountant Or Strong Part Qualified
Planning and Analytical skills
Risk Awareness and Risk Management
Effective Stakeholder Communication
Budgeting and Forecasting
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Finance Analyst - Calls
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-West Midlands-Birmingham
Requisition ID: 92623