BT Financial Reporting Manager in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Role: Financial Reporting Manager
Location: Solihull Parkway, Birmingham
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT Fleet ( www.btfleet.com at http://www.btfleet.com/ ) is a separate legal entity and wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group, providing award-winning fleet management, vehicle maintenance and accident management to some of the country’s most recognisable businesses. BT Fleet generates c.£220m Revenue, c.£50m EBITDA and has c.1,000 full time employees.
Reporting directly in to the BT Fleet Financial Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager plays a key roles in all areas of BT Fleet financial control, including month-end, financial reporting, planning, working capital management, and ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet and associated reconciliations. As a separate legal entity, the Financial Reporting Manager will be involved in the production of the statutory accounts for BT Fleet Ltd, and is a key interface in to the external auditors.
The Financial Reporting Manager will act as a “number 2” to the Finance Controller when required, will directly line manage 1 qualified Finance Analyst, and support the wider Financial Control team. Responsible for day-to-day line management, creating a high performing and engaged team.
What you'll be doing
• Supporting the Financial Controller in their strategic objectives for the business and team.
• Reviewing and monitoring ledger integrity, summarising balance sheet reconciliations and preparing for review meetings.
• Oversight of transactions affecting accounts receivable and cash including review meetings with outsourced functions.
• Support of year end close: statutory accounts, tax pack and audit.
• Monitoring and reporting on working capital employed in the business and cash flow results.
• Feeding into the forecasting process and working across the team to help deliver the wider team’s objectives.
• Working across the finance team to improve the understanding of business results and establish efficient analysis methods.
• To ensure that BT Fleet financial results comply with BT group accounting policies as well as all applicable accounting standards.
• Manages a team of dedicated off-shore resource supporting accounts payable, billing, and RP&A.
• To lead bi-annual forecasting process including production of mid-term plans and in-year updates as required.
• To take full responsibility for the Balance Sheet control including associated reconciliations, and regular reporting to group.
• To proactively manage the external working capital for BT Fleet to ensure delivery of optimal Free Cash Flow for the Group.
• To produce the annual statutory accounts for BT Fleet Ltd and SEV Automotive and Plant Ltd, and act as the lead interface with the external auditors.
• To manage ongoing financial systems optimisation.
• To continually drive quality improvement, efficiency, and thereby cost reduction against all of the above processes functions.
• To manage Governance (Sarbanes Oxley, Turnbull, Anti-Corruption and Bribery, and Risk Management) in BT Fleet.
• To manage the interface between the BT Fleet and SEV finance teams, and ensure a sound working relationship and delivery of standardised processes and controls between the two units.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Financial skills - Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc)
Post qualification experience in Financial control team with the associated skills/experience (knowledge of balance sheet, cash-flow, treasury, working capital, tax, billing, accounts payable etc.)
Planning, forecasting and budgeting experience
Analytical and methodical, with an attention to detail
A driven problem solver, comfortable in a dynamic and fast paced working environment
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Financial Reporting Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-West Midlands-Birmingham
Requisition ID: 94584