BT Campaigns and Leadership Manager in GBR, United Kingdom
The IC Campaigns and Leadership Manager will be responsible for the development, delivery and measurement of creative, influential and people impacting campaigns and leadership communications to engage and inspire employees across BT. The role is part of a small team providing a strategic communications consultancy service, and developing and delivering a series of engagement campaigns across the Group.
The successful candidate will be a first class communicator and employee engagement specialist, who can demonstrate a track record of delivering people impacting, internal communications campaigns that are rooted in best practice and commercial awareness.
The candidate must have a robust and confident approach to stakeholder management, campaign management & planning and evaluation. And be able to work with a range of data and metrics to develop a clear understanding of what works and where activities are driving performance. They must be able to work confidently and capably at all levels across the business and have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, a good creative eye and demonstrate a passion for innovation and outside in thinking..
The role holder will work in collaboration with IC colleagues to ensure consistency and efficiency across the business and work with LoB IC Business Partners to ensure effective implementation of all campaigns and leadership communications.
• Understand drivers of employee engagement and design pan-BT, internal communications campaigns which drive behaviours and deliver the best results for individuals and the business
• Work as part of the campaigns team to deliver a strategic communications consultancy service that is highly valued and consistently utilised across the business.
• Support on the development of engagement campaigns that deliver high impact across BT Group and achieve the desired outcomes with outstanding ROI
• Manage the development and delivery of creative and influential communication campaigns to help engage employees with programmes of organisational change
• Work collaboratively with pan-BT internal communications teams to co-ordinate pan-BT campaigns ensuring consistency of service, approach and messaging.
• Undertake stakeholder analysis and management
• Establish outstanding stakeholder relationships
• Create and deliver impactful communications and campaign materials that will utilise the most appropriate range of channels and minimise duplication
• Commission the services of other IC teams (e.g. Heads of IC, Communications Services) to effectively deliver campaigns, securing the right expertise and ensuring strong relationships are maintained.
• Design and implement campaign evaluation to assess outcomes and provide management information to improve future activity
• Provide campaign reports and evaluation to internal stakeholders
• Manage suppliers to secure optimum results and value (where necessary)
• Work collaboratively with the wider communications community to help create a highly effective internal communications function, role modelling ‘one team’ behaviours and fostering a positive working environment
Measures of Success / KPIs:
• Delivery of pan-BT campaigns on-time and to budget, ensuring delivery to plan across all LoBs, with minimal duplication
• Quality, contribution and success of internal communications campaigns in building employee engagement (measured via CARE scores and verbatims)
• Contribution to and performance against Group IC scorecard
• Recognised and valued as a source of communications advice and counsel for key stakeholders
Nature of Internal / External Interaction:
• Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders across BT to assist in the smooth implementation and adoption of campaigns pan BT.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues across all areas of the business, providing constructive feedback to stakeholders and influences their decisions to ensure communications approaches and plans achieve the desired outcomes
• Works with IC Planning to ensure visibility of campaign plans (as part of ‘Air Traffic control’)
• Works collaboratively with Communications Services to ensure delivery through appropriate channel management.
• Proactively networks with other members of the IC profession.
• Manage own time and deliverables over a 3-12 month timeframe.
• May manage (on a matrix basis) one or more members of the IC profession or change communications consultants who are assigned to support specific campaigns or change programmes.
• Aware of change management impact of campaigns and draws upon change communications consultancy team for specific change projects
• Advises and coaches senior leaders/stakeholders on change management aspects of campaigns
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Typically graduate level or corresponding experience.
• Good commercial knowledge and understanding of business priorities
• Ability to understand complex issues
• Intellectual curiosity and a creative spirit
• A highly organised yet creative individual capable of running numerous projects to deadline and budget
• Positive, hardworking and resilient
• Experience of campaign planning and delivery
• High creative standards
• Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships.
• • Clear understanding of the strategic role of internal communications to effect positive transformational change and achievement of business objectives.
• A high level of drive, commitment, innovation and flair. Highly customer focused with the capability to work in a fast moving, multi-tasking, pressurised and virtual-team environment.
• Demonstrable professionalism with a proven ability to operate in matrixed business environment.
• Possession of, or the clear ability to acquire, a deep knowledge of the commercial and operational activities of the company
• Understanding of how new technologies can be used to further improve the effectiveness of employee communications.
Key Technical Skills:
• IC campaign planning and delivery
• Employee Engagement
• Stakeholder Management
• Change Communications
• Commercial Acumen
• Copy Writing and Planning
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re happy to consider ways of working that will mean you can perform at your best. If you want to talk about working part-time or as a job share in this role, please apply and we’ll do our best to get the balance right.
Job: Employee/Internal Comms
Title: Campaigns and Leadership Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR
Requisition ID: 92687