BT Telesales Manager in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The SME Desk Sales Manager is a core role focused on growing our large volume SME customer base, as part of our new Advertising and Media division. The role requires focus on both revenue retention and growth, for a range of BT’s current advertising assets (including the BT Phonebook, Phonebook Online, Ad words) and also for our growing portfolio and new propositions, such as In Link and Smart Messaging. This is a key role to ensure we achieve our ambitious SME revenue targets YoY and will offer you the opportunity to make a real difference in a short space of time.
You’ll own every aspect of the SME Phonebook desk sales channel to ensure the delivery of revenue targets; owning, coaching and developing the desk sales team in Glasgow. To do this successful you will have experience in classified/print sales and in managing a volume focused team.
You will be required to build a sales strategy, aligned to the Advertising & Media industry best practices, in order to grow and develop an team which has previously been underinvested in. As we are going through significant business transformation, you will need to have the necessary coaching and continuous improvement skills to ensure that the team are not disrupted and are part of our developing organisation.
What you'll be doing
• Coaching and developing a desk based SME sales team in order to retain and grow our customer base and revenue, through improving agent performance.
• You will have a high awareness and knowledge of the printed & digital directory & advertising market, keeping an up to date knowledge of industry trends or technical developments that may impact on the Phone Book offering
• Develop strategic growth plans for BT’s SME market to overachieve against annual/quarterly revenue targets
• Acting as a brand ambassador for BT Advertising and Media (Phone Book) both in the external market and with internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour
• Working with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction and quickly and effectively address customer pain points
• Provide input to future product and solution developments with both internal teams and external suppliers
• Contribute to Phone Book sales strategy with regards to propositions, go-to-market plans and pricing
• Manage a remote sales team to ensure best practice across both sites of continuous improvement and sales performance.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to lead scalable sales teams to provide best solutions for SME advertisers.
Strong analytical skills and coaching experience and a strong understanding of the classified market, building sales focused solutions.
Experience in both print and digital advertising sales
Extensive experience in sales management of a volume focused sales team
An expert in coaching teams to improve sales performance and behaviours
Proven ability to be able to sucessfully lead a team through times of significant change
Be able to demonstrable experience of managing and driving significant growth
Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and sense of urgency
Ability to manage sales teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively with a cross-departmental team
Exceptional writing and presentation creation skills
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree qualification or relevant job experience
Why choose us?
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
World-class training and development opportunities
25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
Car allowance (dependent on your role)
Share option and pension scheme programmes
Automatic enrolment into our ‘Sales as Profession’ community
Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Telesales Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Requisition ID: 98601