BT Senior Finance Manager in Ireland, United Kingdom
Senior Finance Manager
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
• The role holder has responsibility for ensuring that Tier 4/5 (complex) bids which are priced and costed by the role holders and or their team have been thoroughly prepared in accordance with BT policy and adhere to the published governance rules. They will typically be involved in the preparation of a bid(s) themselves and will also coach, review and guide anyone working for them who are also preparing a bid.
What you'll be doing
• Be responsible to ensure that New business is priced up accurately and that all know risks (both Financial and non-financial) are clearly documented and understood.
• Fully embrace the tools and processes that are required to be used as part of a bid
• Drive and input to the bid team decisions on key commercial terms, being a subject matter expert. Includes completion of the Finance and Legal brief highlighting key areas with mitigation.
• Ensure that senior management are fully briefed in order that decisions can be taken in an open and honest way with full transparency of numbers and issues.
• Work with other colleagues in BT as part of Bid team.
• Engage with BT Business entities and SAU’s, other BT LOB’s and industry experts where necessary to ensure all known issues are explored and highlighted.
• To be involved in and support negotiations with the customer where relevant.
• Creation of pricing mechanisms where required in a fast moving growth engine with BT Business.
• Building and strengthening relationships and knowledge base within sales community.
• Gives financial guidance to senior leadership teams and guides more junior roles
• Always be actively seeking to continuously develop in order to meet required changes of the role.
• Always be looking to identify areas where improvements can be made and act upon them.
• Able to carry out tasks effectively, and manage problems/issues before escalation. Decision making mainly according to established solutions but handles new challenges and looks to make improvements to existing processes
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or exceptionally qualified by experience
Strong communication skills – working with finance and non-finance stakeholders
Good commercial acumen
Advanced Excel skills and financial modelling
Stakeholder management and influencing skills
Presentation skills – ability to present to directors and senior leaders
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Senior Finance Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland
Requisition ID: 92971