BT Finance Business Partner in London, United Kingdom
Finance Business Partner
St Pauls, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
As a key member of the Corporate Finance Team, the Business Partner will play a key role in helping realize the company's longer term strategic objectives. Reporting to the Senior Finance Lead, you will be the finance business partner supporting the growth of the channel P&L within Corporate. You will be responsible for leading the delivery of financial performance through influencing sales strategy, bid pricing, optimising sales resource and maintain a robust financial control environment. You will partner key stakeholders helping to identify and monitor key performance indicators to improve business performance and business partner with Sales Directors and analyse and understand the performance of sales region identifying both challenges and opportunities to drive the P&L
What you'll be doing
• Business Partner to Sales Director, supporting sales teams in driving revenue and margin growth across the BT and EE product portfolio
• Analyse and understand the performance of sales region identifying both challenges and opportunities to drive the P&L
• Become the subject matter expert in all aspects of the sales region, including revenue, trading performance, structure, debt and overheads
• Drive and implement strategic change within the sales region
• Control and reduce levels of aged debt within region
• Lead on wider cross channel initiatives (e.g. sales effectiveness, overall credit policy, Corporate Governance, Indirect sales)
• Be the commercial expert and advisor to the Sales Director, develop and influence sales strategy
• Provide commercial support for new business, retention and cross sell / up sell
• Be the point of escalation of complex, or strategic deals
• Support the delivery of the Corporate P&L through management of margins, pricing and where relevant optimisation of the cost base
• Influence the optimisation of sales team performance and drive cost efficiency and effectiveness improvements
• Support the forecast/outlook process ensuring insight, timeliness and accuracy for new business/ specific contracts
• Complete post reviews of deal commercials v actual
• Lead to cash tracking and management, ensure debt is managed to acceptable levels
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Typically degree level or equivalent
• Fully qualified accountant / Further qualification to support specialism (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent) or exceptionally equivalent experience in lieu of qualification
• Significant PQE
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Finance Business Partner
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 90782