BT Finance Manager in London, United Kingdom
Finance Manager, Central Planning
London, Faraday House
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This role sits in Enterprise, one of BT’s Customer Facing Units, which has over £6.5 billion of annual revenues and 17,000 people. Enterprise is the newly formed unit which combines Business and Public Sector, and Wholesale and Ventures.
This role delivers for our business by providing insight and analysis into Enterprise’s consolidated view, with the ability to help drive and support initiatives for profitable growth, commercial awareness to enable a focus on added value (revenue and margin) and cost control to really drive commercial benefit and add value to the financials.
The role holder manages the financial support / Business Partnering for a particular set of customers / business partners, acting as an integral part of the central finance team.
What you'll be doing
• Help to define and implement a seamless and integrated process for Enterprise’s financial planning. Align with the annual planning cycle, including budgets, reforecasts, Latest View and medium-term forecasts, ensuring wider business buy-in.
• Manage the Latest View forecasting process and consolidate the business unit plans. Provide insight, challenge business assumptions and communicate the results to the key stakeholders.
• Work with business and finance leads to build a process with outputs that clearly link revenue, cost of sale (internal and external), SGA, capex and cash with volumes, headcount and other key operational measures.
• Develop, maintain and improve driver based modelling and PVEO analysis (price, volume, efficiency, other).
• Drive improvements in financial planning processes with strong governance and commercial insight into the business. Drive the use of standard templates and apply consistency to enable efficiencies.
• Help to ensure Group planning requirements and timetable are met.
• Produce written reports for the Enterprise Leadership Team and Group reviews (including Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) and Executive Committee Strategy sessions).
• Qualified accountant Or International equivalent
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Experience you would be expected to have
• Commercial thinker
• Solution focused achiever
• Collaborative partner
• Change agent
• Demonstrable aptitude for business process improvement
• Experience of preparing customer-focused reporting
Why choose us?
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Finance Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 98051