BT O&MD Consultant in London, United Kingdom
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT employs over 100,000 people directly. They’re how we achieve competitive advantage, how we deliver our customer experience and fundamental to the long-term growth of BT.
This job is about helping BT have a simple and effective organisation architecture and robust, quantitative job sizing.
You’ll be a specialist and will size new roles and own the governance process that underpins the HR processes of resourcing, reward, careers and learning (all using the same common simple, robust job architecture).
What you'll be doing
• Applies specialist knowledge to provide operational support and advice, interpretation and guidance on job architecture policies, practices and processes to improve job architecture management, job sizing.
• Holds accountability for specialist service provision on job sizing, including platform management and end to end service provision
• Acts as a Specialist, interfacing with HR Business Partners, other HR centres of expertise, business stakeholders and applying external best practice
• Leads regular/ ad hoc activities to review best practice and industry standards
• Business acumen: Knowledgeable in the drivers of organisational performance, including people drivers of performance and financial literacy (e.g. business KPIs, business cases)
• Excellent analytical reasoning: identify problems and develop hypotheses; recommend the data and analytical products to meet these requirements
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Leadership accountabilities Experience you would be expected to have:
• Project and Programme leadership: design, launch and deliver activities to enhance BT’s efficiency and effectiveness
• Connect with customers: prioritise and frame work with an understanding of how it will influence BT’s competitive advantage and customer relationships
• Commercial awareness: help BT to deliver sustainable profitable growth through by focussing on work that will make the most difference to effectiveness and efficiency This role is a recognised specialist in business analytics and data science, and will likely have 5 years experience as an analytical leader in a large organisation, or as a leader in a specialist analytics team in a consultancy:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to translate ‘data speak’ for the benefit of business and HR stakeholders
• HR job sizing experience
• HR domain experience: direct experience within HR preferred but not mandatory
Typically graduate level or corresponding experience, MCIPD or relevant business/professional qualification.
Why choose us?
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: O&MD Consultant
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 97760