BT Senior Employee Relations Manager in London, United Kingdom
Global Employee Relations Manager
BT Centre, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT employs people around the world. This role is to provide strategic specialist Employee Relations (ER) expertise and direction to the senior leaders in BT’s Global Services and HR teams.
The role takes full responsibility for delivering BT’s global ER agenda. Success is achieved through matrix working, with delivery by in-country teams.
The role also has significant responsibility for the development, implementation and review of Group wide ER policies.
What you'll be doing
• Own and lead the relationship with BT’s European Works Council
• Lead consultation and negotiations with BT’s European Works Council and UK trade unions to enable the change agenda
• Identify ER enablers to deliver strategic business goals, developing new policies and practices where necessary
• Develop and deliver the ER strategy across Global Services and the wider BT Group
• Develop the ER expertise of the senior leadership and HR community
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Typically graduate level or corresponding experience, MCIPD or relevant experience/professional qualification.
• Good understanding of legislative requirements and local practices for consultation across the European region.
• Significant knowledge and expertise in HR practice and policy relating to employment and engagement
• Recognised expert in areas relating to collective consultation (across European Works Councils and UK trade unions) and HR policy
• Effective co-ordination of virtual / matrix teams
• Experience of collective consultation for redundancy
Why choose us?
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: HR Generalist
Title: Senior Employee Relations Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London
Requisition ID: 95872