BT Senior Internal Auditor - Birmingham in London, United Kingdom
Role: Senior Internal Auditor
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
To undertake audit assignments in a professional manner in line with IIA standards, thus enabling group internal audit to provide independent and objective assurance to senior management and the Board, via the Board Audit & Risk Committee, as to the adequacy and effectiveness of key controls and of risk management activities across the organisation. In doing this, the role holder delivers high quality, reliable and efficient service to clients and colleagues, based on training and experience, using the tools provided to do the job, and with the support of their senior audit manager.
Doing an audit requires data analysis, interviewing, process mapping, using wider intelligence and own skill/judgement to identify the key risks and controls within the area being audited and how to test to ensure they operate as they are designed to do. The role holder needs to draw conclusions resulting from their work, agree those with auditee, and write reports making recommendations for resolution. They also have to track management’s responses to draft reports, prepare the final report and subsequently track resolution of findings, including testing to confirm closure.
What you'll be doing
• Planning, performing and reporting of audits, on a risk assessed basis using appropriate, flexible, and cost effective methodologies that are in line with Professional standards acting either as lead auditor or in support of others.
• Undertaking Sox404 compliance testing assignments in accordance with defined Sox timescales and documentation standards.
• Build awareness and understanding of specific areas within the business in order to identify the potential audit coverage and provide guidance and support to the business.
• Ensuring clients are supported in discharging their audit recommendation obligations through regular liaison and providing clarity on expectations;
• Contributes reports and presentations to senior management forums as required.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Must be fully qualified CMIIA/CIA/PIIA or fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
• Must have experience of operational internal auditing
• Programme / project management experience
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We provide extensive training, up skilling and developmental support for our Internal Audit team who are seen as a key go to area for business expertise within BT.
Given the size of the internal audit function (Over 80 people) there are opportunities to take part in varied audit activities which you would not normally get the opportunity in other businesses.
The Birmingham hub is a growing hub of expertise where BT are looking to add even more investment into and grow further as a Key hub for specialized talent in the Midlands for us.
BT have been granted with 'Accredited Employer status' for CPE . This means that our CIIA members will achieve their CPE requirements by participating in BT/GIA's training and development programmes and therefore do not have to follow the CIIA CPE process for individuals
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: Internal Audit
Title: Senior Internal Auditor - Birmingham
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 94570
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham