BT SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR in London, United Kingdom
Senior Internal Auditor
London or UK locations (Newcastle, Sheffield, Birmingham, Leeds, Reading)
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
To undertake audit assignments in a professional manner in line with Divisional standards, thus enabling us to provide independent and objective assurance to senior management and the Board, via the Board Audit & Risk Committee, as to the adequacy and effectiveness of key controls and of risk management activities across the organisation.
What you'll be doing
• Planning, performing and reporting of audits, on a risk assessed basis using appropriate, flexible, and cost effective methodologies that are in line with Professional/Divisional standards and customer needs, acting either as lead auditor or in support of others.
• Where leading an audit, will oversee the work of others on the assignment, providing technical advice and coaching where appropriate on a timely basis and to the required quality in accordance with policy
• Tracking audit recommendations to ensure implementation is achieved against targets and that the remediation is effective.
• Undertaking Sox404 compliance testing assignments in accordance with Divisional Sox timescales and documentation standards.
• Supporting SAM and HO in ongoing client account management.
• Keeping up-to-date with external developments and business insight of specified business operations, strategic imperatives and business risks.
• Understanding and deploying the risk based approach to maintaining the audit universe and actively contributing to the annual plan build exercise.
• Providing business insight and audit expertise to the team and clients on specified business processes, strategic imperatives and enterprise threatening risks.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
-Fully Qualified Accountant
-Recent experience of leading internal and external audits (financial and operational)
-Risk Awareness and Risk Management
-Ability to communicate effectively including writing of audit reports
-Planning and analytical skills
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: Internal Audit
Title: SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 86033
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-South Yorkshire-Sheffield, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Berkshire-Reading, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Down-Newcastle, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-West Yorkshire-Leeds