BT Overhead Engineer in Plymouth, United Kingdom
Role: Overhead Engineer
Location: Plymouth or Truro
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This is a key role for BT as this person will assist with the provision or repair of communication services / network to end users on behalf of Communication Providers (CP’s) meeting contractual obligations in a professional and cost effective manner
To undertake provision and repair of the Open reach overhead network and to end user / CP premises
What you'll be doing
• To work in Openreach’s network to agreed quality standards.
• To inform line management or Control as appropriate of any reasons for lateness, failure to report, or withdrawal from duty
• To carry out work appropriate to the role and training as directed by line manager in an efficient and courteous manner
• Maintain high quality of workmanship standards whilst being as efficient and cost effective as possible
• Delivery of own work within timescales and commitment time
• Comply with required booking practices, e.g. accurate time allocation and use of the correct clear codes
• To maximise performance and business delivery in line with team objectives and individual contribution
• To deliver effective and timely service delivery in line with RFT practices and behaviours
• To escalate difficulties that cannot be readily overcome or are likely to jeopardise the delivery of service commitments for the day
• To ensure Network records are updated on job completion
• To ensure execution of work to planner’s instructions, and agree any changes with job originator
• To access, use or disclose customer information only when needed for the job in accordance with BT’s Security Policy. To ensure that you (and your team if applicable) are made aware of the need to safeguard sensitive customer information. To comply with and understand physical security requirements when visiting, working in or accessing BT sites.
• Be responsible for your own safety and aware of the safety of your colleagues and general public by fully complying with all procedures within the Health and Safety Policy. Complete safety training and adhere to all safety standards as per Active Monitoring System (AMS) and adopt a zero accident mentality
• To have an awareness of BT’s Environmental Policy sufficiently to understand the relevant aspects of the policy in relation to your work eg recycling
• To understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules and have an awareness of the BT Code of Practice relating to your work sufficiently to be able to comply
• Complete all mandatory and regulatory compliance training within required timescales
• Ensure that BT’s Code of conduct is fully adhered to at all times
• Street works – The job holder will be aware of the Street works legislation (New Roads and Street works Act 1991) related to their work (and his/her team’s work if applicable). They will understand it sufficiently to be able to comply with it, working safely, ensuring the safety of the public, avoiding prosecutions and penalties, and relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise when they will need specialist support.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
HGV class 2 Driving Licence desirable
Minimum driving licence requirement will be C1E
Able to climb and work at heights
Able to undertake physical manual labour and to carry unaided
Able to work as part of a big group and team
Excellent customer engagement skills
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Overhead Engineer
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Devon-Plymouth
Requisition ID: 90465
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Devon-Barnstaple, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Cornwall-Truro