BT Regional Civils Operations Manager - Edinburgh Glasgow Area in Scotland, United Kingdom
Regional Civils Operations Manager
Edinburgh Glasgow Area
An exciting opportunity to join the Openreach Civil Engineering organisation. The organisation is positioned to provide all Openreach business units with civil engineering capability across the UK. This primarily involves Openreach activity relating to excavation and reinstatement in the public and private land. Elements of cabling, jointing and simple copper repair (e.g. on maintenance digs) may also feature as the team evolves.
Your role will involve providing effective leadership/management to drive the operational performance of your team (a typical team includes 12 gangs and 2 field supervisors).
You will equip your team with the fleet, plant, tools, training and technology, to enable them to perform their job.
Your role involves working with multiple stakeholders across Openreach
and ensuring work is delivered safely, compliantly, efficiently, and in accordance with quality standards. You will also be expected to drive all local commercial aspects of your operation including gang costs, profit & loss, etc.
What You'll Be Doing
You will manage the Openreach Civils Engineering operation within a defined region
• With support from the central team you will drive recruitment, mobilisation, and induction activity in the area
• Ensure work sites and staff adhere to statutory company/ industry standards and practices
• Lead, train, motivate and develop all team members
• Maintain high quality of workmanship and compliance standards whilst achieving efficiency targets
• Deal efficiently with customer complaints / enquiries at all times
• Deliver own work within timescales
• Maximise performance and business delivery in line with team objectives and individual contribution.
• Work in conjunction with local contract management and audit /compliance teams to create best solution for region
• Attend site meetings with regulatory and Local Authorities as and when required
• KPI reporting and Management
• Financial and Budget accountability
• Act as focal point for maintenance of site H&S adherence
• Provide technical support/input to supervisors and team members as required
• Assist in the production of records and reports of task related activities, including customer related enquiries
• Escalate difficulties that cannot be readily overcome or are likely to jeopardise the excavation or installation of excavation commitments
• Be responsible for your own safety and aware of the safety of your colleagues and general public by fully complying with all procedures within the Health and Safety Policy. Complete safety training and adhere to all safety standards as per Active Monitoring System (AMS) and adopt a zero accident mentality.
• To have an awareness of Openreach Environmental Policy sufficiently to understand the relevant aspects of the policy in relation to you and your teams activities e.g. recycling.
• To understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules and have an awareness of the Openreach Code of Practice relating to your work.
• Complete all mandatory and regulatory compliance training within required timescales.
• Ensure that the Code of Conduct is fully adhered to at all times.
Experience of civil engineering
Strong leadership and communication skills
Strong organisation skills , ability to delegate
Ability to work in fast-moving and evolving
EnvironmentTime management and problem solving skills
Experience of managing or supervising civils team within Utilities or Construction sector
• Commercial awareness
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Project and implementation skills
• Analytical skills , and working with Microsoft Excel
Peter Morel 07501 231819
Job: Field Service
Title: Regional Civils Operations Manager - Edinburgh Glasgow Area
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Scotland
Requisition ID: 93767