BT Civils Engineer - Gang Lead - Sheffield in Sheffield, United Kingdom
Civils Engineer - Gang Lead
Key purpose of role
An exciting opportunity to join the Openreach Civil Engineering organisation. The organisation is positioned to provide all Openreach business units with civil engineering capability across the UK. This primarily involves Openreach activity relating to excavation and reinstatement in the public and private land.
As the gang lead of a two person team you will be the person in charge on site when undertaking all excavation, backfill, and reinstatement work.
What you'll be doing
This will include leadership of a safe site set-up and risk assessment of the operational site, the supervision & safe operation of any required tools, plant and fleet to carry out the task. As the lead member of the gang you will be the contact point for internal external stakeholders, including members of the public and local authorities.
· Experience of excavation activity, for example working in the utility sector
· Full Driving License
· Interpersonal / Customer Skills
· Numeracy and literacy skills, comfortable using smart devices and ready to learn as new tools emerge
· Normal Colour Vision
· Physically able to excavate , and assist in safely moving plant/kit
· Ability to drive up to 7.5t drop-side vehicle(C 1E type licence)
· Experience of either hot or cold lay reinstatement activity
· NRSWA Units 1-10 for Excavation/Reinstatement
Title: Civils Engineer - Gang Lead - Sheffield
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-South Yorkshire-Sheffield
Requisition ID: 93753