BT Civils Engineer Supervisor - THORNABY in Thornaby, United Kingdom
Civils Engineer - Supervisor
[Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.]
KEY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity to join the Openreach Civil Engineering organisation. The organisation is positioned to provide all Openreach business units with civil engineering capability across the UK. This primarily involves Openreach activity relating to excavation and reinstatement in the public and private land.
You will work closely with the Civils team manager to supervise and develop a team of excavation/reinstatement/ support gangs. You will be jointly responsible for ensuring work is delivered safely, compliantly, efficiently, and in accordance with all industry and company standards.
The role will also require a significant element of site audit/ inspection on both an in-progress and retrospective basis. Occasionally you may also be required to assist with physical excavation/reinstatement activity.
You will predominantly be field based, but you will also spend some time in your designated depot/office.
What You'll Be Doing
· You will supervise multiple teams carrying out works upon Openreach’s network to agreed safety & quality standards including compliance to all internal policy, methods statements and external guidelines & legislation, this will involve both in-progress and retrospective audits to ensure compliance to the required legislative requirement with regard to NRSWA , HAUC and Method Statement compliance.
· You will allocate team members to form excavation and reinstatement teams based upon skill , utilisation , geography and daily availability, ensuring all practices, conduct, performance & safety standards are complied with, driving right first time quality and delivery performance as well as operational efficiency from the team notifying the relevant parties of any reasons that members of the team are unable to attend for duty.
· You will act as an escalation point for logistical issues that may arise and work resolve them, escalating difficulties to the appropriate level that cannot be readily overcome or are likely to jeopardise the delivery of service commitments.
· You will ensure that work is carried out in an efficient and courteous manner when dealing with other site operatives, members of the public or any other third party, and role model high quality of workmanship standards.
You will ensure all team members are compliant with essential health and safety provision signing, lighting and guarding in line with NRSWA and that work is delivered to both the standards of the method statements quality standards and the HAUC / Legislative standards. Equally ensuring the safety of the public, avoiding prosecutions and penalties, and relying on your own knowledge and specialist support as required.
· You will assist in developing the regional team with growing scope of synthetics, practices, skills and processes.
· Deliver own work within agreed timescales, complying with all company practices, conduct, performance & safety standards
· To be customer focused and conduct business in a professional manner
· Be responsible for your own safety and aware of the safety of your colleagues and general public by fully complying with all procedures within the Health and Safety Policy. Complete safety training and adhere to all safety standards as per Active Monitoring System (AMS) and adopt a zero accident mentality
· To have an awareness of Environmental Policy sufficiently to understand the relevant aspects of the policy in relation to your work eg recycling.
· To understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules and have an awareness of the Code of Practice relating to your work sufficiently to be able to comply
· Complete all mandatory and regulatory compliance training within required timescales
· Ensure that the Code of Conduct is fully adhered to at all times
· NRSWA Units 1-16 for Excavation/ Reinstatement Supervision
· Full Driving License, with ability to drive up to 3.5t drop-side flatbed towing
· IOSH - Managing Safely
· CSCS Health & Safety
· Leadership and Strong Communication
· Time Management and Problem Solving
· Interpersonal / Customer Skills
· Normal Colour Vision
· Numeracy and literacy skills
· Good IT skills including knowledge and experience of a broad range of applications and packages
· Physically able to excavate , and assist in safely moving plant/kit
· Abrasive Wheels Accreditation
Experience of working and supervising in the Openreach external network
Accredited to perform QCP checks on team members
First Aid At Work
Experienced CITB mini digger 360 degree operator currently holding CPCS Blue Mini Digger operator card (desirable)
Title: Civils Engineer Supervisor - THORNABY
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Cleveland-Thornaby
Requisition ID: 90316